Residential Elevator Doors
To The Top Home Elevator offers a few door options for residential elevators. The standard option is a manual “swing” door that opens and closes like any other door would in your home. As a result, you will have the option of choosing a door design that matches the other doors throughout your home. Another option to choose from if you decide to go with an elevator from Savaria are bi-folding doors. These doors are available in white metal or stainless steel and fold open when the elevator full reaches the floor destination that is selected. Below is a video that shows how these doors open and close.
The other option available is the automatic sliding doors. Automatic sliding doors open and close for easy access adding convenience and elegance to your home as well as modern appearance to your elevator. They can be finished in powder coated paint, stainless steel, or glass. The doors are available as a complete system, or in combination with a swing-style landing door. Residential auto sliding doors function like full-sized passenger elevator doors. To reduce safety risks, the doors are linked together when installed on both the landing and elevator car.
Standard Swing Door
Automatic Sliding Doors
Automatic Sliding Doors Features:
- Fully automatic doors: slide open and closed for easy access
- Landing door, cab door and sill are a narrow 4.5 inches’ deep
- Asymmetrical closure design: For space-saving installation and modern look
- Quiet and smooth operation: Two-speed operation for added convenience
- Lightweight and durable aluminum sill.
Automatic Sliding Doors Safety Features:
- Emergency battery back-up system
- Infrared detection system to retract doors before hitting an obstruction (touch free)